May’s Vegan Cuts box arrived recently! How exciting! This month’s box attained awesomeness status just by having a pack of Hail Merry macaroons in it – they are so ridiculously addicting!
OK, enough with the exclamation marks…and on with the commentary…
- Beanfields Bean and Rice Chips – as the name may indicate, these chips are made of beans – and they have some fabulous flavours
- SuperEats Kale and Chia Chips – ok, I confess, I haven’t really jumped on the kale chip bandwagon…I’d rather eat my kale sautéed.
- Saffron Road Harissa Simmer Sauce – I’ve used a few of their other simmer sauces in the past – makes for a super quick dinner when the little one isn’t cooperating – a perfect pantry item.
- Barbara’s Snackimals Cereal – my favourite Barbara’s product is the Peanut Butter Puffins – but I’m willing to expand my horizons.
- Mario Pitted Black Olives – as someone who consumes olives from the jar on a regular basis, the accessibility provided by olives in a pouch is sheer genius
- Mary’s Gone Crackers – I’ve enjoyed these crackers, but they are definitely not an all-purpose cracker – I particularly enjoy them with hummus. Also, my local Costco carries these in a large box – much more economical than any other store.
- Nature’s Bakery Lemon Fig Bar – this bar has potential and decent ingredients – just not sure how I feel about a lemon and fig combo
- Jiva Hot Chocolate Cubes – if I’m ever on the run, and there is no Starbucks in sight, I guess I could whip up on my own hot chocolate with one of these. I’m more intrigued on just trying one of the cubes on their own.
- Meatless Select Fishless Tuna – this particular item makes me want to throw up in my mouth a bit. I don’t know if I have it in me to even open the can. Perhaps I can give it out as a party favour?
- Hail Merry Macaroons – saving the best for last, these macaroons are golden…and our local Whole Foods is evil with their prominent display of them…I usually can’t resist.