I’ve managed to figure out how to make the perfect gluten-free crepe, but gluten-free pancakes continued to be a problem. I finally found the solution – bananas!
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup of your favourite non-dairy milk
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1-1/2 tbsp oil
- In a blender, blend the milk and the banana together until smooth.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together including the sugar. Add in the milk and whisk until it is all mixed in. The mixture may be lumpy which is fine. Add in the oil and mix in fully. The batter should pour easily – if it doesn’t, add more milk.
- Pull out your favorite nonstick frypan and preheat it on medium heat. It is very important to make sure it is fully heated through to prevent a sticky uncooked mess. Spray some oil onto the pan, and using a ladle, pour around half a cup of the batter into the pan. Let it spread into the pan naturally – if it doesn’t spread on its own, your batter is too thick. Once the edges look slightly cooked, flip. The other side will cook up quite quickly. Make sure the pancakes aren’t too thick, otherwise, they may stay raw on the inside.
- Top with your favourite toppings – I’m partial to fresh strawberries and maple syrup myself.