Fun times were recently had catering appies and desserts for a dear friend’s baby shower. I wanted to make an assortment of mini desserts to serve – for no other reason than any food in miniature form is automatically awesome.
For the dessert assortment, I made (with the help of some fantastic folks) cinnamon cupcakes with an apricot jam filling and lemon frosting, mini berry crumbles (using my favourite standby recipe) and peanut butter cups.
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance butter
- 3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter (preferably unsweetened and unsalted)
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs or 10 graham cracker squares
- 1/4 cup maple sugar or other granulated sweetener
- 1 cup grain-sweetened, nondairy chocolate or carob chips
- 1/4 cup soy, rice, or nut milk
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, almonds, or peanuts
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs, and maple sugar and mix well.
- Remove the mixture from the heat. Evenly divide the mixture, approximately 2 tablespoons per cup, among the muffin cups.
- Combine the chocolate and milk in another pan. Stir over medium heat until the chocolate has melted.
- Spoon the chocolate evenly over the peanut butter mixture.
- Top with chopped nuts.
- Place in the refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours before serving.