I came across a salad recipe on a twitter post today that had chickpeas and mangoes in it, which seemed like a perfect dinner tonight, especially since I had some leftover cooked chick peas from my hummus yesterday. I went back to try to find the post at dinner, but I couldn’t find it for the life of me, so decided to improvise.
- 1 cup chick peas, cooked
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 mango, cut into small cubes
- 1 stalk green garlic
- 2 green onions
- 1 lime, juiced
- arugula (or any one of your favourite salad greens – I prefer arugula because of its peppery nature)
- In a bit of olive oil, toast the spices and add the chick peas until they are fully coated and warmed through.
- Add the juice from half a lime.
- In a small bowl, mix the mango, green garlic, green onions and the remaining lime juice. On a bed of arugula, add the chick peas and mango mixture.
I love the combination of warm ingredients on arugula – I’ve also made a salad with roasted potatoes coated in a mustard dressing on a bed of arugula that is absolutely deelish.