I’ve reached my half-way point…woohoo! I went back and read my post on week one of my vegan experiment, and I realized that there was a lot of chatter about cheese in it…I guess I really am a cheese junkie!
Here’s my summary of week 2:
- I found that my skin has been really dry over the last couple of weeks. I think it is just more important for me to pay attention to the fats I am including in my diet since I am so prone to dry skin already. I tried to add a lot more avocados to my meals (check out my Raw Kale Salad recipe). I’m also going to try to adding a tablespoon of Udo’s Oil 3-6-9 blend into my morning smoothie to see if that helps.
- With the exception of the dry skin issues, my complexion has cleared up quite noticeably.
- I’ve dropped four pounds without even really trying – guess my after work habit of snacking on a cheese string and olives was making a difference 🙂
- I don’t crave unhealthy food – perhaps my body is getting used to feeling so great. That being said, I do expect a lot of flavour in all of my meals.
- I don’t enjoy Starbucks coffee at all – I am a Peets girl all the way. BUT, there is a Starbucks close to work that I like to walk over to in the afternoons as an excuse to get away from my desk. I am hooked on the Vanilla Rooibos Tea Latte (unsweetened) with Soy. By skipping the simple syrup, it is an indulgent, guilt-free beverage :).
I’m ready to face week 3!