I had a bunch of fresh dandelion greens in the refrigerator that were just screaming noodle salad. I really enjoyed prepping all the veggies for our salad. It was worth taking the extra time to do so.
Prep your salad ingredients:
- 1 bunch dandelion greens soaked in lime juice or vinegar to cause them to wilt
- 1 stalk celery cut at an angle
- 1 carrot cut into matchsticks
- 1 red pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 cucumber cut at an angle
- 3 to 4 mint leaves in thin strips
- cilantro to taste
Prepare your dressing:
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- juice of one fresh lime
- Sriracha sauce to taste
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger (or I steeped fresh ginger in hot water and used it to thin the peanut butter because I don’t like the feel of ginger under my teeth)
- 2 tbsp chili oil
I used a flat rice noodle which I prepared by soaking them for a couple of minutes in boiling water. I then rinsed the noodles in cold water to cool them down for the salad.
Next time I make this, I need to make sure I allow enough time for the greens to wilt. Other than that, I think this salad is going to be a summer staple!