It’s Wednesday. And no CSA delivery. How sad. So instead of showing you a picture of my delivery, I’ll just share what I had for dinner tonight.
- 1 pkg Hodo Soy Beanery tofu
- 2 spring onions
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 thai chilis (of course, use at your own discretion)
- Cut the tofu into smaller pieces and begin frying in a small amount of oil – add in the spring onions.
- Once the tofu has cooked, add the remaining ingredients.
- Add a bunch of chopped fresh cilantro before serving.
May I also mention my new handy-dandy rubber spatula I found in the clearance section at Macy’s? I love it because all of my other rubber spatulas have a wooden handle, which means I can’t put them in the dishwasher (the wood can warp in the high heat, which is also why your wooden cutting boards don’t belong there either). This spatula has a stainless steel handle – so straight to the dishwasher after cooking!
I then served this tofu on a bed of arugula, with red radishes, green peppers and avocado. My nose is still running from those thai chili peppers, but a cold refreshing glass of Santa Cruz Organics Limeade helped that situation (and was perfect for this warm summer night).